- The PADI Scuba Diver Course is a subset of the full Open Water Course. It is still a course where you will obtain a certification card to dive to a maximum depth of 12 meters with a Padi Professional however it is designed for people who perhaps do not have the time or budget to complete the Padi Open Water Course. The course is also ideal for those people that maybe can not swim 200 meters, lack in water confidence or possibly have a learning disability.
- Through our choice of sites your confined water training can be conducted straight from the beach in Son Tra with on site facilities such as restaurant and showers to give you that totally exotic local feel. The water is safe, clean and warm allowing for a stress free course with us.
- Open water training can be conducted at the same site offering depths of upto 12 meters allowing for longer time time so you can really hone those all important dive skills. If you wished to add even more excitement to your course we could organise a trip to Cham Islands to conduct your Open Water Dives.
- Da Nang Scuba and the PADI Scuba Diver Course are so flexible that we can surely find a package that suits your time scale and budget.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE?
To enroll in a PADI Scuba Diver Course (or Junior Scuba Diver course), you must be 10 years old or older. You need adequate watermanship skills and need to be in good physical health. No prior experience with scuba diving is required.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
The PADI Scuba Diver course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge Development Sections 1-3 (online independent study or in a classroom) to understand basic principles of scuba diving
- Confined Water Dives 1–3 to learn basic scuba skills
- Open Water Dives 1-2 to use your skills and explore!
WHAT SCUBA GEAR WILL YOU USE?
In the PADI Scuba Diver course, you learn to use basic scuba gear, including a mask, snorkel, fins, regulator, buoyancy control device and a tank. The equipment you wear varies, depending upon whether you’re diving in tropical, temperate or cold water.
Check with Da Nang Scuba about the gear you’ll use during this course and get advice about everything you need from your PADI Instructor.
At Da Nang Scuba we have a fully stocked retail shop offering a wide range of scuba equipment from the basics of masks and snorkels to buoyancy control devices, wetsuits, fins, regulators and dive computers. Taking a course with Da Nang scuba guarantees a 10% discount on any equipment purchased from Scuba Direct or Liquid Watersports.
Day 1 – Classroom*
Day 2 – Confined Water Training
Day 3 – Open Water Training Dives at Son Tra Beach
Day 1 – Classroom*
Day 2 - Confined Water Training
Day 3 – Open Water Training Dives at Cham Island, Hoi An
*If you take advantage of Padi Digital Products and study in your own time classroom time will be greatly reduced. Classroom time can also be offered in the evenings on request to shorten option times.
OPTION A - $300*
OPTION B - $360*
*If you take advantage of Padi Digital Products prices will be discounted accordingly.
HOW CAN YOU START LEARNING NOW?
You can also start learning with PADI’s home-study materials – Open Water Diver TouchTM (a tablet app), the Open Water Diver Manual and Open Water Diver Video (a book and DVD package), or with the Digital Version Open Water Manual.
Come visit us at Da Nang Scuba, and meet your Instructor who can answer any questions you may have or send us an email for more information.